Saturday, February 9, 2008

BBQ in February

So usually you think of a BBQ as being the typical thing to do in the summer, which I love by the way. Today I had my first winter BBQ with Pablo & Eliana and the 4 missionaries. After my tour, which I had to cut short, we all went to Pablo’s house for the afternoon to enjoy the warm outdoor sunny weather for a little BBQ, Spanish style.

So we had a go at taking turns telling jokes in Spanish which, was very entertaining. So you always hear of people making embarrassing mistakes when they are learning Spanish like saying “embarazada” for “embarrassed,” but really means “pregnant.” It happens to the best of us! Well, the same thing happens for Spanish-speakers learning English. Most everyone had told a joke, but Pablo couldn’t think of one. Well, dessert was being served and so we were trying to figure out who wanted milk to go with the chocolate bizcocho. Instead of asking in Spanish, he asked me in English, “Do you want to milk?” Needless to say the missionaries and I all busted up laughing. Some milk, Some milk! Everyone get a kick out of it and he did in fact come up with a joke!!

No comments: